Wednesday, July 4, 2012

It's the woluff.......

Shadow Wolf

Finally got to finish the Shadow Wolf.
I did something new with this one.  After I had finished and sealed the picture I applied special adhesive and then some tiny pieces of glass....bit like glitter.
The whole picture then disappeared.
Oh oh.....buggered this up...thought I.
It did say that it should (note SHOULD) dry clear.  I had decided that meant, the picture would show through.
It was totally white.   Gone. Oh dear.
I put it away to dry.  A nerve wracking couple of days followed with me checking up on it every few hours.
It gradually came back and I love it.
The stuff isn't cheap and so it is quite an expensive way to finish off a picture but I think it was worth it.
I have framed it under glass too and the whole thing sparkles.
I am really enjoying the wolf theme at the moment.

The weather here is blooming ridiculous now.  We have all had enough of it.
We haven't had any rain (apart from a tiny shower) for about a month.  The temperature is over 100F (over 38C in old money) and humid which makes it feel even hotter.
Tonight we would usually be heading out to sit in the park and watch fireworks.   Stuff that.
No way can I sit outside.  I just came over all peculiar because I went out to water the plants.  
My heart was racing and I felt dodgy.  I am just finishing a bottle of "Oh...oh...the Israelites"....
There has been a lot of controversy over whether they should have the fireworks.  The ground is so very dry and the fear of fire means many people think they shouldn't.
Some counties within the state have banned them but it looks like ours are going ahead.
Well, they can go ahead without me.  I shall listen to the booms from indoors in the struggling air conditioning.

Last Saturday one of Philip's friends from work came over for dinner.  He brought his guitar and gave Philip some useful tips.  
He really did help Philip a lot.  I think things are easier to pick up when someone is showing you.
They finished with a little jamming session.  Philip's first.
 
Probably wasn't exactly the coolest thing to be wearing his slippers but hey ho... even Rock Stars must wear slippers sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home