Friday, June 29, 2012

Helping hands & dodgy leg

Firstly, this is Tootsie helping me with the latest picture in my current project of wolf portraits.
She has been a pain in the bum.
She knocked all my equipment over, before taking up this pose.
Perhaps she thinks she should have been the model.
I gave up on it for a while until she went to sleep.
I think I have now finished it......well almost.
I am not leaving it as such but adding a different, textured surface to the finished picture.
If I am happy with it I will put it on here.
I have also donated an oil painting to a charity I am fond of.  Hopefully, they will get some money for it.

I have dodgy leg.
I have had this dodgy leg since Alanmas.
The calf of my leg hurts like buggery and I was persuaded to visit the quack, just to make sure it wasn't something sinister like a deep vein thrombosis.
She said it was muscle spasms and that I might be short of magnesium.  I should also drink water with electrolytes in it.
I bought some magnesium cream to rub in (magnesium pills give you the trots apparently).
I rubbed the cream in............what did it do?   Nothing, that's what.
I drink the electrolyte water.... (why is it than every time I go to drink it, I can't resist singing the old Desmond Dekker song "The Israelites"....."The Electrolytes")........what does it do?  Nothing.
Bearing in mind, all this time I have been working for a massage therapist and never mentioned it to her.
Some days I have just a faint, ghost of a pain.  Other days I can barely walk.  On these days the calf muscle is so painful I can hardly touch it, which is probably why I didn't mention it.
I wouldn't be able to stand it being massaged.
Anyway, on Wednesday she asked me why I was walking funny and I told her - tight knicker elastic, no I didn't say that really...I told about my painful calf.
She says the pain has nothing to do with the calf muscle.  She says the pain originates in the knee and is caused by a pinched nerve.
It made sense, because this is the same knee that plays me up now and again.  That goes way back to an injury caused by playing "jolly hockeysticks", ( a barbaric game which should only ever be played by team Attila the Hun versus team Genghis Khan and only then on Michaelmas Day, 30 minutes after tiffin), at East Ham Grammar School for Girls, many, many years ago.
She gave me some stuff to rub in it and suggested a knee support.
Darling Philip stopped by the chemist and bought me a knee support size small/medium.
I put it on.
It fell off.
I pulled it up.
It fell down.............sigh.
We eventually exchanged it for something even smaller that is also adjustable.
I am rubbing the magic ointment in too.
We shall see what happens next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home