Monday, June 25, 2012

Did it.

Bubba having a snooze on his new bed after his subqs.

The thought of doing our first subq fluids for Bubba on Sunday weighed on me over the weekend.
On Saturday my "let's have a turf out" mode kicked in.
I think this is my way of not thinking about something and also a de-stressor.
I also think that this is a major stress producer for Philip.
Books.
The bookshelves in the basement are full to overflowing of the buggers.
One has two broken shelves and the others have books that are not standing upright in an orderly fashion.
Drives me nuts.
So, time to edit the bookcases.
I had got a bag full to take to the Half Price Book Store and asked Philip to sort out some of his (the majority are actually his), to take too.
Thus freeing up space for the remaining books to be lined up ...neat ...and ...tidy.
Also, we could mend the shelves that were broken.
Oh it was painful.
I felt like one of the professional organisers that you see on the "hoarding" tv programmes.
It seemed really mean to make him go through and decide which he could bear to be parted from.
Actually, I don't think it was so upsetting for him really.  I think he would just never bother to thin them out if he was left to his own devices.
He did sort them and then he set about mending the shelves.  This wasn't too swear worthy....just one swear worthy, and they were duly fixed and books organised.
Sunday it was off to  "Half Price Books" to see if we could get some dosh for them.
Philip wagered we would get $25 and I said $40.
We got over $43.  Brilliant.  Why have stuff cluttering up the place when you can get cash for it.
Then we had to do the deed.
Philip had bought Bubba a really soft new bed while we were out.  He is soft hearted.
I warmed up the bag of fluids (the vet tech explained that when the fluids go in they don't hurt or anything but if it is cold then it doesn't feel very nice to the cat), as per instruction, then hung it up and got ready.
Philip sat with Bubba on his new bed and I then had to poke the needle in.
I don't like doing it but I did and all was well...............except Bubba started to fidget.
Oh bugger...........I knew what I had forgotten.   The fluid in the bag was warm but the tech had told us to empty out the little bit in the line that leads to the needle, as this would still be cold.
I hadn't remembered to do that.
Still, it didn't take long before he settled down.  The whole process only took maybe 10 minutes and he was unhooked and free to go.
He seemed fine and we noticed he didn't need to drink so much water afterwards.
He still loves me.   I just hope I haven't put him off with the chilly start.
I shall make sure I don't do that again.

Philip is still calling me Mr Monk (The OCD detective).
On Sunday morning, when we were waiting for our brekkie, he saw me turn my placemat around as there was a tiny bit of writing in one corner that was upside down to me.
As soon as I did it ......I knew he had seen me.
I just can't stand anything slightly askew, upside down or not in its rightful place.
I doubt that I will change now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home