Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ronnii Rockit

I have just finished the above portrait for a friend.
His little dog passed away so he asked me for this.   Isn't she lovely?   He emailed me some photos and allowed me to make my choices.
That always seems to work best.
I enjoyed doing this one and I have now started another.   A wolf this time but I am trying a new technique and a different medium.
I like to keep trying new things.  I will post a picture if it works out.

I've been a bit depressed this week.
I am not sure why.  I know I often miss my family & friends.  I miss little things like walking round the shops.
Can't really walk around shops here.  Well, I can get a bus to the mall but it isn't really the same.  Other shops are all miles apart because no one ever seems to walk anywhere.
Everyone has a car and drives........except me.
I like walking, but I like having somewhere to walk to.  In Ashford and Folkestone I walk for miles.
Even in the car parks at the mall you will see people waiting for a parking space that is a couple of yards nearer the entrance than other open parking spaces.
Little wonder there are some weight issues about.
I may also be depressed because we have to go to the vet's office on Thursday evening so that the vet tech can show us how to give Bubba his subq fluids.

It hangs over me like a cloud.  Same as it did to Perkin - above.

Friends keep telling me that it is easy and not traumatic for the cat.  (Bloody traumatic for me though).
Apparently, it is quite a common procedure now to do this at home.
The vet will fax a prescription to the suppliers so we can get all the equipment direct (saves money).
Bubba meanwhile has taken a shine to the prescription diet he is on.
He woofs it down.  In fact, if he wasn't drinking so much you would never know there was anything wrong with him.
I do hope my trepidation is short lived and that it is as simple as they keep telling me it is.
One friend, who has done all this before, has offered to come and help if we really have a problem with it.
That does come as something of a relief.  I don't want to let big, ole, softie Bubba down by being a complete wuss myself.

The weather here is really hot now.  Up in the 90s.   I was going to venture to the mall today but it was just too hot to walk to the bus stop and wait for a bus.
Another reason people don't walk I suppose.  It is either too hot or too chuffing cold.

Philip is golfing tonight.  I bet he will get a bit warm doing that too.
He had thought he wasn't going to be coming home from work tomorrow as they have an install.
This would mean I would miss Brother at River Rhythms.  Now there is something to get depressed about alone.
Dear old Gary offered to come and pick me up (quite a trot from his house) so I was going anyway.
Now it seems the install has been put back to next week so Philip can come along and enjoy Brother too. 
Or maybe he will have a sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home