Sunday, June 3, 2012

Roses around the door ....how quaint!

 Thought I would take a photo of our roses which are looking rather good at the moment.

Today was the start of the Diamond Jubilee Mallarky.

This morning I was ploughing through the 50 million channels we have on the TV in search of something remotely watchable when I decided to check out BBC America.
They often have Top Gear on which is always a bit of fun but this morning.......oh joy of joys.....they were showing the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Pageant on the Thames live.
Oh I lurrrvvvvvved it.
The amazing entourage of boats, large, small, rowing, barges.......unbelievable.
The people, the flags, the music,  the incredible display at the theatre with The Warhorse cavorting across the rooftops and the delight of the Queen when she saw it.
I was enthralled.
I know I have taken American citizenship but fortunately Britain has not disowned me.
I am still considered British by my homeland and this morning it couldn't have been more pronounced.
I have to say there are few countries who could have put on such a display as there was on the Thames this morning.
It was just wonderful to see people enjoying themselves so much in spite of some nasty weather.
If you didn't find it uplifting then I am truly sorry for you.
Everyone should try to find joy in the things around them. 
I am tired of reading the news of massacres, violence, terrorists, disasters.........let us marvel at people finding delight and happiness in waving their flags.
The US envies us our Royal Family as this sort of history cannot be bought.
Enjoy it Brits, it is something many nations would love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home