Thursday, January 5, 2012

Alanmas has begun

With Alan due to arrive yesterday, I got his presents ready.
There was one special one amongst them.
Philip picked him up from the airport in Chicago, after work. He'd had a pleasant flight over even if he hadn't got the best seat in the house.
The plane went up when it was supposed to, stayed up and came down when it was supposed to. That to me is a perfect flight.
Flights should be boring. I never want to be on an 'interesting' flight.


After a cup of tea and something to nosh, it was time to open gifts.
We all had lots of lovely things.
Then Alan came to his surprise present.
I have an inkling that he guessed what it was?

Coo.....what a surprise for him. He looks very happy with his new shovel.
At the moment the weather gods are being very kind to him and this is almost no snow.
There isn't any in the forecast for the next 6 days either. In fact, for January in Wisconsin, it is very mild.
We are going to make the most of it and get the outside decorations and lights down this weekend. They usually stay up (although not lit) for a few weeks yet as it is generally too cold and the ground too frozen to get them out.
This time last year I was waist deep in snow in the back garden. I can't help thinking we will have to pay for this mild weather.

Alan seems very happy to be here. I think the cats believe he lives here and has just been out to the shops for a while. It certainly is hard to believe how the year has flown by since his last visit. I like to see how his stress floats away when he gets here, after a year's hard graft on Alcatraz (Guernsey).
It is great to have someone to make me a cup of tea and to give a hand with things.
No doubt when the snow hits, Philip will happy to see the drive and sidewalk cleared when he has driven all the way home from work in Chicago.
I bet everyone wishes they had an Alanmas too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home