Monday, January 2, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Alanmas

Seems like the winter has been saving itself for Alanmas.
I knew the mild weather couldn't continue for much longer.
It is cold and snowy now.
Not, huge drifts of snow, yet, but very cold. The air is also very dry and my eyes are sore today.
I have the humidifier going all night, despite Lollipop's attempts to kill it.
She has been doing battle with the thing every day. A couple of times she has knocked it right over and I thought it was broken.
But, Humidifier Wars continue......"those damn drips....why aren't they where my eyes tell me they are??"
Poor Lolly, her bemusement still makes me chuckle.
The covering of snow also brought us some amusement.
As you probably know, I feed Arnie The Possum every night.
The new snow showed us his tracks. You can tell a possum's tracks from any of the numerous squirrels, because they look like little stars.
Their toes are like fingers and they spread out.


We have seen them many times before but this time old Arnie made me laugh.
We have an old wooden bench swing thing in the back garden.
Arnie's footprints were in the snow on the bench.
I like to imagine him sitting there, rocking gently eating his burritos that I am still feeding him from the freezer meltdown we had.
Maybe I should get him a pipe.

I don't know if it the new year blues or what but I have been feeling rather depressed of late.
I really don't like feeling like this and am trying to shake it off.
I find myself getting tearful at the least thing that goes wrong.
That isn't good is it? I expect it will pass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home