Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmassy

When I opened my eyes this morning I knew the light was different.
It was a cleaner, brighter light.
I opened the curtains to reveal that our world had turned white overnight.
At last the snow had arrived.
Not a huge amount (especially by our standards) but enough to cover the ground and roads.
It made everything look Christmassy.
This is really late for us to start with the whole snow thing.
There have been complaints to Fox6 News.........I wonder what difference that made.
Oh, maybe it did make a difference. Maybe Fox6 is responsible for this snow fall.
Of course, this is just the start for us.
I made a point of saying cheerio to the grass and said I hoped to see it again in April.
We set off to the mall.
A more distant one than I visit on my bus adventures.
The above picture is of a mature Barber Shop Quartet who were doing a wonderful job entertaining the millions of shoppers scrurrying through the mall.
They were really, really good.
They proved it when people were actually pausing in their quests for last minute Christmas gifts. People actually stopped and smiled.
I love it when things like this happen. It makes the world a much happier place.

Father Christmas was there.
I don't know how he finds the time to do this when he has toys to make, lists to check (twice), reindeer to feed, a sleigh to oil.......maybe he gets the elves to do some of it.
I think he is wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home