Friday, June 3, 2011

Dodgy Day

A dodgy day yesterday.
The kittens were not very well at all.
They had the trots & colitis (blood in the poop), sticky eyes & sneezes.
Their meds were dropped off in the afternoon and I gave them all their jollop and eye ointment.
They still loved me.
They miss momma cat, big time. They just want to all clamber on your lap and snuggle.

When I gave them their dinner I noticed the littlest one, Rosko, the ginger one at the back with his head up, wasn't interested in eating.
Oh this is not good. Kittens should be ravenous at all times.
I tried to tempt him to eat but he wasn't having any of it.
So, we bought some kitten milk. I fed him with a syringe as he wouldn't lap it.
They all then went to sleep and we were very worried.
I thought he might not wake up.

We gave them their last feed of the evening and Rosko came charging out of the bed, dived into his food dish and scoffed his grub.
What a relief !!
They all ate well this morning and they have started to play again. They didn't play yesterday.
So, I am tentatively hopeful that this medication works and that they will continue to thrive.
I gave them a lecture about now they are getting over the trots it is time to stop "thinking outside the box".

I have to say they are the most people friendly kittens I have every met. Whoever adopts them will have wonderful cats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home