Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A bit of a do.........

Well it is that time of year again.
We have had many themes. A couple of years ago it was a pirates party.
Last year it was the Susie Awards party.
This year the theme is Harry Potter.

I have been out and about searching for items to complete the look.
I have found a Harry Potter tablecloth, napkins and plates...........all at very reasonable prices.
I don't have money to waste on expensive items that will probably be used only once.
I decided it would be nice to give everyone their own wand to take home.
I had found bookmarks and plan to give everyone one of those.....but I wanted to give wands too.

I looked in the party supply shops........phew.
Cheap and nasty looking, plastic Harry Potter wands were upwards of $15 each.
I couldn't do that.
So, I looked in toy shops with much the same results.
I looked online and on ebay. Nope........all way too expensive to buy one for everyone.

Then I happened to be in World Market which as the name implies, sells all sorts of crap...I mean stuff.
I found in the oriental section, some extra long bamboo chopsticks. $2 for a pack of two.
Brill. I scooped up enough packs for everyone.
At home I painted magic symbols on them in black and gold. I painted gold handles. Still not quite good enough for me though.
So, on my next expedition I found golden tassels at $1 for two.
Brill.
I wound sparkly pipe cleaners around the handles and attached the tassels.
They look brill.....well I think so. I will take photos later.

Philip and I have got our costumes sorted. We didn't buy anything except a couple of capes (from ebay....whatever did we do before ebay?).
I won't tell you which characters we will be. I will wait until the night and take photos.
All this hocus pocus is taking place on March 26th.

I just have to work out what I am serving for dinner...........eye of newt and toe of frog springs to mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home