Saturday, March 12, 2011

Oh no exams.....

In case I haven't mentioned it, and I honestly can't remember if I have, Philip and I have applied for American Citizenship.
We actually plan on having dual citizenship.
But, citizenship will be good for us. It gives us way more rights than we have now as Green Card Holders or Residents.
We had to fill in and send another bushel of paperwork, plus photos and copies of everything.
We now have a date for our biometrics to be taken.
This means fingerprints & more photos.
We have had our fingerprints taken so many times, but what if they have changed?
I am ok with this so far.
It is the interview and the test that worries me.
I am not sure what they will be looking for in the interview but I have been doing a few practice tests that are available from the US Immigration website.
Ooooh.......they be hard.
Well, not all of them. Apparently there are 100 questions they could ask but they will ask only 20 of them.
Trouble is you don't know which 20 so you have to know them all.
Some of them are really easy but some of them have stumped my American chums.
In fact one said she would never pass and be given citizenship even though she was born and brought up here.
E.g.
Who was president during World War 1 ?
and
What does the judicial branch do?
and
Who is the speaker of the house of representatives?
and
How many justices are in the Supreme Court?

My former pupil Robert springs to mind. Will they let me get away with.....
"Well, I wasn't far out was I ma'am."

This is a bit of a worry and I will study. Trouble is I don't seem to remember things as well as I used to.

In case you are wondering......no the snow hasn't gone yet. A English mate of mine talked about how he had been doing some gardening and mowing his lawn..........sigh..........no chance of doing that here.
I would actually like to be able to do a bit of gardening.
Our clocks go forward tonight, which seems a trifle early to me.
It will seem strange with it staying light until around 7pm with snow on the ground. I am sure it isn't usually this early.
Roll on Summer........I want to go to River Rhythms, drink my wine and listen to music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home