Monday, February 21, 2011

From Big Moons to Black Holes.

You have to feel for Merv.
He has spent the last couple of weeks searching for his hole.
We had a bit of a thaw for a couple of days and Merv has been in and out like a fiddler's elbow.
Above we see him chipping away at the ice, determined to locate the lost hole.
Finally, success.
Merv found his hole .........on Friday I think it was.
But the gods have been toying with Merv (oh err Matron).
His joy in the success of his mission was short lived.
Yesterday morning it started to snow. We had to go out to do some shopping ..........and get brekkie of course. My better half can't cope on a Sunday without a good brekkie from one of the local family restaurants. A glance at the sky determined that if we were going to go we had better get a move on.
We were not wrong.

It snowed all day and I think all night.........right now ..........yup it is snowing.
Poor Merv. The elusive hole has elused again.
Still it gets him out from under Mrs Merv's feet. I bet she was in the garden doing a 'snow dance' on Saturday night.

I doubt we will be getting any Spring flowers anytime soon.......maybe just some snowdrops.................get it.........SNOW drops ? Oh never mind.
Alan........where are you? Your shovel is missing you !!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of whom. Alan is having a fab time in Whitstable from what I hear.
He has visited Hendon museum where he astounded everyone with his knowledge of WWII.
He has also been to Belgium where he visited a whisky distillery (I think it was that or a posh shop).
He had a fab time in Ashford with old chums and is going to Wildwood to see some wolves next week.
Guernsey will seem pale in comparison when he goes back.
I am glad he is having such a fab time though. It will help him recover from the rigors of Wisconsin in Winter.

I had answers to my "big fat low down moon" question.
I am not sure I really understand it still. All sounds a bit complicated.
Optical illusions and such.
Still seems strange. That moon looked bloody big. Plus, it was very clear....I could practically see all the little moonbeasts walking about on the surface. The craters were clearly defined.
If it is just an optical illusion why did all the details show up like that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home