Saturday, February 12, 2011

Alan's Birthday

February 10th was Alan's Birthday.
As usual I made him a birthday cake. This time I made a carrot cake as I had heard him say he likes them.
It was a hit.
We took him out to Red Lobster for his birthday grub.
It was luvverly.


The local wildlife also took part in the celebration.
The squirrels uncovered the top of the bird feeder.
That top part is around 5 feet tall so you can see he is sitting on about 4 feet of snow.
I can't actually get to it to refill it....well I could if I was prepared to wade through it but I am not.
So, I have put a temporary arrangement out on top of the snow which I can get to.


This is Mr and Mrs Cardinal. I am so glad they found the new seed supply but I am still a bit concerned as Arnie the possum hasn't be around for quite a while.
The crows seem to be making a meal of the stuff I put out for him though.

Alan will be heading back to England on Monday morning.
This six weeks has flown, in some respects, but if I think back to when he arrived, shortly after Christmas......well ......Christmas seems ages ago.
He will be spending a week or so in Whitstable before he goes back to Guernsey.
I am glad he is doing this as I always feel so sad for him when he leaves. I know he doesn't want to go back and usually looks so miserable.
This time I know he is looking forward to the week in Whitstable so it has taken the edge off the sadness and I don't feel so bad about him leaving.
Before we know it Alanmas will be upon us again.
The way the years fly by is pretty scary really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home