Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Enough already.............

Here is our Mr Cardinal.
He looks about as ticked off as I do right now.
We have now had almost 3 months of snow and ice, with no end in sight yet, and we are getting tired of it now.

It isn't just the snow etc but the winter air is so dry.
This might not sound like a major problem but it really is. In England the air is damp during the winter so you don't realise what happens when the air is so very dry.
You skin suffers.
Big time. I have to have a humidifier going all night or my eyes are swollen shut in the morning.

Your skin gets very itchy. You have to keep putting lots of lotion on.....everywhere.
Summer isn't like this.
Today I was going to make an attempt to get to the mall. The weatherman said it might get just above freezing so I thought the paths might be ok.
He lied.
When Philip went out he told me that if I was considering it then I should wear the ice chains on my boots. Well, that made it sound tempting.
But, my bigger problem is my leg.
The skin on my right thigh is so sore that I barely slept last night.
I have special cortisone cream that I put on it before I went to bed but this morning it was awful.
It feels like the worse sunburn.
It is agony even rubbing the cream in. I couldn't wear my jeans as they rubbed too much so I have resorted to soft lounging around type trousers.
Walking makes it worse. So, what with that and the fact that I didn't fancy trudging to the bus stop in ice chains.........I didn't go.
This sore skin is the worse I have had since we have lived here.
Maybe you have to have been born in Wisconsin to be able to stand all this nonsense.
Last week when we had a couple of thaw days (a few degrees above freezing) we saw idiots ..oops I mean people, out in shorts.
They are obviously made of sterner stuff than I am.

So, I am stuck indoors again today. Yesterday I had a mad day cleaning. I couldn't stop. If it stood still long enough.......I cleaned it.........I even cleaned the basement.
At one point I was wishing someone would phone me just to break the cycle.
Today I am not doing that.
Bugger it. My leg hurts, I am cold and I am fed up with being stuck indoors listening to snowblowers and snow ploughs.

Philip is tired of Wisconsin winters .........very muchly.
It would be lovely if we could move somewhere warmer but it isn't easy right now. Jobs, houses etc.......
I have a friend in Texas and it sounds rather nice there.
Oh well........dream on I suppose.

2 Comments:

At March 1, 2011 at 5:01 PM , Blogger Uji, Angel Izzy, Ziggy, Angel Bean, Angel Hiro and Momma Tea said...

I so sympathise with the itching my skin is driving me potty at the moment, hope your weather breaks soon honey

x x x xx

 
At March 1, 2011 at 5:01 PM , Blogger Uji, Angel Izzy, Ziggy, Angel Bean, Angel Hiro and Momma Tea said...

Texas is wonderful

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home