Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Suzies

Here is a finished Suzie.
They started off sort of blue and grey but I spray painted them gold.
I have been working on what awards our guests will receive and think I have them figured out now........mostly.
I bought some gold wrapping paper and made gold envelopes.
I got some cards to put in them so we can do the whole

"And the winner is........." mallarky.

I am also working on the menu.
Philip has the task of being chief taster as I don't eat meat but everyone else does.
3 of our guests don't eat fish or seafood so it means I shall have to cook one lot of stuff for them and something different for me.
At the moment it looks like the main course will be a chicken and prosciutto gratin with butter, garlic, herbs, wine, vermouth and panko.
I will serve these in individual gratin dishes.
I shall have prawns instead of the chicken and prosciutto in mine.
With it I shall probably do carrots cooked in wine & herbs, roasted red skin potatoes, roasted tomatoes stuffed with pea pesto and mushrooms in vodka sauce.
I have just noticed.......fair bit of booze going on in this little lot.

All the Suzies, lined up and ready for action.

I am still working on the starters.
I am thinking of bruschetta. Maybe a couple of different ones.
I have some goats cheese with balsamic vinegar and olives which I would like to use on one.
Still haven't made my mind up entirely yet.
I love to cook and thinking up and testing recipes is part of the fun for me.

The toilet works.
Oh heavens be praised. Just when I thought he was getting ready to hurl the thing out of the window........he tried shortening the snivelling, grommet flange ....and ta da........it works.
Such a relief.......in more ways than one.

Weather........we have had a gorgeous few days.
Warm, sunny, springlike.
Then that poxy weatherman said this morning......"snow on Sunday".
Pants, pants...........pee, po, belly, bum, drawers and more pants.

2 Comments:

At March 17, 2010 at 1:04 PM , Blogger Uji, Angel Izzy, Ziggy, Angel Bean, Angel Hiro and Momma Tea said...

The Susies look awesome hon and the menu sounds yummy. I hope you have a wonderful time

 
At March 17, 2010 at 1:04 PM , Blogger Uji, Angel Izzy, Ziggy, Angel Bean, Angel Hiro and Momma Tea said...

Whoops Suzies my bad............lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home