Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bogs and Hoovers.........

What a fun weekend.
Firstly ...the other day I thought I noticed a slight smell of burning when I had finished hoovering.
Deciding I was imagining it, I just put the thing away and forgot it.
Then when hoovering again...........ermmmm.......yep, a definite smouldering pong filled the air.
I didn't like this.
I hadn't been telling lies so there were no "pants on fire" in the vicinity.
So, before it could totally go up in flames, shooting out fireballs in all directions and reducing the whole house to cinders ( I know I may exaggerate just a little but I worry about these things), it was decided a new one was in order.
This one had been a really cheap one and had lasted a good 3 years before threatening to explode, so I am happy with cheap.
To Wal Mart then.
I really wish shops would limit their choice of some items.
I just want a hoover that sucks stuff off the carpet. Nothing else. Not turbo charged or mega hepa, or even with attachments. I never use attachments. When I do the stairs I just do them with the nozzle of the hose.
And who on earth hoovers curtains?
Just let the thing pick stuff up that's all. I can never understand why someone would pay hundreds of dollars for a Dyson or some such. My last one cost about $40 and lasted at least 3 years. So it cost roughly $13 a year. How bad is that?
I just need the shop to have about 3 types. An expensive one, a middling one and a cheap one.
Then I can choose quite easily. Of course we got there and spent ages agonising over bloody hoovers. I got one for around $46. It does everything it says on the box. Upright hoover...various filters......sucks up. Perfect.
I love the fact that over here you can put any unwanted items down by the kerb and this means anyone can take them. We put the old hoover out there and it was gone within the hour. I hope it went to a good home, maybe someone who can fix dodgy appliances.

Bubba in the bowl....again.

The next thing to go wrong was my toilet.
This is in the upstairs bathroom. I don't know how but for some reason the downstairs bathroom is Philip's and the upstairs one is mine.
Seems to work well.
Anyway, the cistern on mine wouldn't stop running (this is such a scintillating blog entry ...I do hope you all appreciate it).
My hero handyman............the master of the faucet..........took a look and decided it needed a new set of gubbins.
So, today we bought them.
He fixed it. Oh joy be abounding. I now have a commode that doesn't sound like Niagra Falls.
I hope it continues. Sadly, the new toilet handle shaped like a butterfly that I bought a while ago, does not fit. Oh well I will get over it.

Lily in her doughnut.

Whilst out on our adventure my hubby asked where I wanted to go shopping.
Woodman's or Pick n Save. Woodman's is brill but a bit of a drive and Pick n Save we go to most weeks.
He finally decided that as we didn't need to drive right over to Woodman's that it would be Pick n Save...........but as a treat ...........we would go to a DIFFERENT one.
Oh this man surely knows how to treat a woman.
Bless.............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home