Monday, March 1, 2010

I say tap you say faucet............whatever.

The faucet/ tap in the kitchen.
"Oh honest guv, I didn't mean it..........it came orf in me hand"
It did.
Fortunately it "came orf in me hand" whilst I was trying to switch it on. Had it done so when I was trying to turn it "orf" ..........it would have been a whole other ball game.

Him indoors may be a whizz at all the technical mallarky but he has never purported to be a handy man.
Give him his due though. He has a go.
I thought I would have to get a man in to do the faucet/tap but he wanted to give it a try.
It looked awfully complicated to me.
It isn't even a simple set up ..........well I don't think so.
It has one tap which swivels to produce hot or cold. It also has a spray attachment so that you can rinse the sink out.
Off to the shop then. Of course, our shop, is just like B & Q, you always have to go back again because something is wrong. In our case the display model which we had carefully checked would fit our dishwasher was not the one we found in the box when we got home.
It did not fit our dishwasher..........back to shop then to buy a different one.
This one looked perfect when we got it out of the box and everything fitted. Notice I said "looked perfect", I shall come back to that.
After a little swearing and cursing because the previous tap had obviously been installed by Noah just before he started building the ark, the old tap came "orf".
Well, most of it did.
After a good scrape and clean up of residual glue the new tap was duly installed. The spray attachment almost caused a kaniption but a bit a creativity sorted that out.
TA DA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not quite. It all looked lovely. He turned it on..........the spray thingy worked like a charm. The tap ........not so much.
Not so much as a drip of water actually.
In the hope of stopping a brewing kaniption I found a "help" number to call on the destructions provided.
The man said it was either going to be a simple solution or a really, poxy, take the whole tap to bits solution.
The tap angel was obviously looking down on us this day as it turned out to be the simple one.
Faucet/ tap is installed, works and hubby has another title.
Philip the plumbing hero.
It does look tra la posh too..........even if the hot is on the cold side and the cold on the hot.......we will get used to that.

We are all missing her.
Philip, me and especially the kitties.
The house is quiet. I have had people staying here for the past two months so it seems a little odd to be on my own today.
I am taking it a bit easy as I had an angina attack yesterday morning.
It makes me so mad.
I seem to get one about every six months. It is just long enough to think that maybe I won't get them any more when.........poof.......out of the blue it starts.
There is no rhyme or reason to them. We can find no trigger and therefore nothing I can do to avoid one.


Yesterday morning I was just sitting putting my face on.
Maybe it was the sight of my "morning face" in the mirror that freaked me out.
I have pills to put under my tongue which take a little while to work. I have to admit it is a little scary when it happens. Fortunately I wasn't here on my own.
I have had a lot of tests but they couldn't find any blockages or anything.
Apparently it is just spontaneous.
Well it can spontaneously bog off. I not like.
It does tend to leave me feeling a bit washed out for a day or two, which is why I am taking it steady today.
Pants.

Lollipop misses her the most. She was with her all the time even when she was eating her brekkie.

1 Comments:

At March 8, 2010 at 8:37 AM , Blogger Uji, Angel Izzy, Ziggy, Angel Bean, Angel Hiro and Momma Tea said...

I adore those spray attachments to rinse the sink and wish we had them here at a reasonable price but noooo they cost a bloody bomb so me no got one YET ! Sorry to hear your feeling under par and hope your back to normal soon hon
x x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home