Thursday, March 11, 2010

Red carpet time..........

Lollipop is wearing her shower cap.

The trials of the toilet continue.
He fixed the discomknoculator valve............or didn't.
It still doesn't work properly.
He said it did.
But now, when you flush it still dispenses just a small amount of water.
If you hold the handle down until Michaelmas Eve, it eventually fills and empties.
Not good.
It has to be sorted by the weekend.

On to other news..................

On Saturday March 27th it is my birthday.
We have invited a few people over for dinner.
Never being one to leave well enough alone, I have decided to theme the evening.
Now, I have done Halloween and Pirates..........what to do?
I dallied with SpongeBob SquarePants................toyed with Winnie the Pooh........and then decided on an Awards Evening, what with it being topical and all that.

Everyone will receive an award.
They will not be Oscars. They will be Suzies.
I haven't told any of the guests. I think it will be a fun surprise.

We set off to the party shop to see if they had any plastic Oscars we could utilise .............they did .....but they were $8 a pop.
No, too much when it is just a bit of fun.
We did pick up some Hollywood signs and decorations for the dining room though.
I had a cunning plan.
Off to the Dollar shop.
There I found china ornaments of a lady in a long frock with long hair.
Oops.........no the lady had long hair not the frock.
They even look like me.........well, they do if you close one eye and squint with the other.
Dollar each .....perfect.
I also bought a can of gold paint and I am spraying them gold. They look fab.

SUZIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are so much better than the plastic Oscars.
I then decided I needed a posh frock. You can't go to an awards night without a posh frock.
I dragged Philip to the charity shop. He hates it.
He sat outside in the car and refused to go in. He doesn't know what he is missing.
It is a huge shop.
I quickly found 4 posh frocks to try on.
One was so perfect you would think I had had it made for me.
It is purple, flowing to the floor, off the shoulder and fits like a very well fitting thing.
It cost............$7.
I was so excited . It is way better than most of the $150+ stuff you see in the mall.
I decided as Philip was "resting himself" outside, I would have a shuffle through the shoes in case there were some sparkly ones. No luck there.
I will look again before the big day though.
When we got home I put the dress on to show Philip and he was amazed at how fab it is.
I love a bargain.
If ever I need a posh frock I will look in the charity shops first.
Not that I ever do seem to need one much these days ...........but who knows.

2 Comments:

At March 11, 2010 at 2:42 PM , Blogger Manky Badger said...

Our crapstation's on the blink too. Once he's fixed yours, send him over :o)

 
At March 12, 2010 at 2:21 AM , Blogger Heather said...

An awards evening sounds fantastic fun...maybe we'll follow our example next year when I hit a milestone birthday! I should be able to get into a posh frock again by then but I'm sure Dave will overshadow me whatever I get!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home