Monday, March 29, 2010

And The Winner Is.............

The Suzies went very well.
Everyone won a Suzie for something.
Best Actor, Best Actress etc.
I got Ham of The Year............blooming cheek. I really don't know why.
Maybe the photos will provide a clue. They are on Facebook.

Nick brought the starter which was delish. Pat brought an ice cream birthday cake which was just as delish.

Philip bought me two garden gnomes and a gazing ball.
I had mentioned I wanted a gnome.
He also managed to get me a Canterbury Cross necklace, something I had been after for ages.
I had looked in the Cathedral gift shop when I was in Canterbury last year but they only had very expensive ones in there and I couldn't afford one.
Gary bought me a Gravy Fountain.........well he bought me the box.
There was no Gravy Fountain inside. It was just a joke.
I was actually a little disappointed as the Gravy Fountain looked fun.
He redeemed himself though by giving me an Emergency Yodel device.
When you push the button you get a yodel. I have already phoned my friend Fred and left a yodel on his answering machine.
He phoned me back a few minutes later. How did he know it must have been me?
Nick and Julio brought a beautiful flower arrangement.
Pat bought me some wine glasses and some goblets, made by Lenox.
This was greatly appreciated as I seem to have made a habit of breaking ours lately.
We had been talking about replacing them.
Didn't I do well ?

We didn't realise the time and it was around 1am when everyone left. I think that is a sure sign people were enjoying themselves.
They all want to see the play I mentioned before so it looks like a group outing.
This should be fun.

Sunday we were going out for a birthday brunch.
Philip chose the venue.
It was at a fairly posh restaurant. The brunch was a buffet and cost $17 each.
This was not as expensive as some. A lot of them are around $35 each.
It was pants.
Sigh..................such a shame.
I generally like the buffets as, being a vegetarian, I can usually find lots of things I can eat.
My only problem is that I cannot eat bell peppers. They make me poorly.
This bloody place seemed to have put bell peppers in everything.
Maybe someone's brother in law has a bell pepper farm...........who knows.
The potatoes had peppers in, the salads all had peppers in and the fish had bell peppers in the coating.
There was a very unfortunate looking smoked salmon.................a whole one.....head, sunken eyes......etc, with a couple of forks which you were supposed to use to pick at its flopperly, dopperlies.
It didn't look very inspiring.
The waitress was useless. She was supposed to bring us coffee but we waited so long I went up to pour some for myself.
Another waitress yelled at me.

"No madam, you must not get your own coffee. The coffee is not self-service"

"It isn't any sort of service" I replied.

I managed to eat a little cold pasta salad and tomatoes. I then tried the desserts.
They had chocolate eclairs. OK ....I can make do with those.
They were pants.
I got a mousse thingy...........pants.
I did find a piece of strawberry cake that was rather nice. So it wasn't a complete wash out.
I looked up the reviews online and they were not good. Should have looked first really.

I did have a fab birthday though.

1 Comments:

At April 2, 2010 at 1:33 AM , Blogger Heather said...

I really want a 'Suzies' party now...maybe for my Birthday next year as it's a scary one!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home