Thursday, March 25, 2010

Awards Night

Oh I wish I could have found this dress to wear to the party on Saturday.
I wonder if it would have been any cheaper than the one I found in the charity shop.
I doubt it even if it is made out of bog rolls.
Still, it is a good idea if you are ever stuck for something to wear. Just grab a roll or three and wind 'em round.

I have started getting the dining room ready.
I have put a couple of banners on the walls and I have another couple that I will put in the living room.
When I opened them out they were bigger than I thought so they won't all go in the dining room.
I have set out the "Suzies" but I need to write out everyone's card saying what they are receiving an award for.

The man came to look at the cracks in the basement wall last night.
He was 2 hours late, which didn't impress us too much. He seemed to know what he was talking about and said he had seen some far worse than ours.
So, now we have to wait for his written estimate. We will also get a couple of others too.
I think on Saturday it will be a case of :-
"Eat, drink and make merry for tomorrow we will have to pay for basement repairs".


It is very windy here today.
Merv will be upset.
The wind seems to be blowing towards his house. I watched out of my kitchen window as all the leaves that we lazies had left behind last autumn, the ones which have been hidden by snow for about 5 months, were all scurrying out of our gardens and across the road to Merv's.
I had to giggle.
They looked like vast herds of wildebeest migrating across the plains.......masses and masses of them.
Merv will not be happy. He spent all winter attending to his hole in case in was clogged by ice and now all these leaves have descended on him.
I wonder if any of the other neighbours find this amusing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home