Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dragons & Mystery Plays.

A couple of different ways of painting dragons.
The first one is done with some air brushing and some painting. It is all acrylic.
The second one is done in mixed media. Mostly oils but with a couple of different types of acrylic too.
By now you probably realise I am rather fond of dragons.


The Snow Dragon.
I thought I would never finish this picture.
For some reason I was never happy with my daubings.
Many times I had to walk away from it or I might throw it out of the window.
Then, as often happens, it all came together and seemed to work.

This weekend I have been out and about buying frames. I have a few "masterpieces" knocking around that need framing but I haven't bothered to do them.
I have another dragon, in yet another style, that could do with a change of frame as I am not happy with the one it has.
I also have a couple of landscapes (more traditional paintings) that really shouldn't be shoved away in the basement......I suppose.
I did get the frames for these but then found out the fittings I had to attach them were the wrong size. So, they still didn't get done.
Maybe next week.
I need to get started on another painting now. I don't quite know what I want to do. I quite fancy doing something Egyptian as I haven't done that before.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Saturday it snowed. It snowed on and off all day and was bloody cold. It seemed like Winter was "spitting it's last breath at us".........I think someone has said that before.
Well I am hoping it is the last.
Today has been very cold but sunny. I need some warmth. I want it to be Summer. I want to go to Jazz in the Park.
In the meantime, there is a play just starting at the Milwaukee Rep that I would like to see.

SEVEN KEYS TO SLAUGHTER PEAK

Seven Keys to Slaughter Peak

by Joseph Hanreddy. Based on the novel by Earl Derr Biggers and the play by George M. Cohan
March 23 - April 18
Quadracci Powerhouse Theater
buy  tickets more  info

Artistic Director Joseph Hanreddy talks about his new play, SEVEN KEYS TO SLAUGHTER PEAK

Join us in the Quadracci Powerhouse Theater for the thrilling and entertaining mystery caper, SEVEN KEYS TO SLAUGHTER PEAK. William Hallowell Magee, a writer of light, romantic fiction makes a bet with a friend that he can complete the writing of an entire novel in a 24-hour period. He is given “the only existing key” to Slaughter Peak Lodge, a quiet space to accomplish his task in northern Wisconsin. As soon as Magee gets to work, he is surprised by a stream of interrupters and finds himself caught up in a criminal caper that is both outlandish and hilarious to watch!

Whenever we go to see live theatre we always say we should do it more often. Then we don't.

We really enjoy it and this one is right up my street. I think I will ask some friends if they want to go and we can make a group outing of it.


2 Comments:

At March 22, 2010 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Heather said...

I love going to the theatre and really wish I could go more often, I find it easier to get into plays than films - more personal I guess! But I'd imagine theatre trips are really going to be way down my list of things to do in the future!!

 
At March 23, 2010 at 2:37 PM , Blogger Uji, Angel Izzy, Ziggy, Angel Bean, Angel Hiro and Momma Tea said...

OMG !!!! Your work is awesome hon I love it

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home