Saturday, November 21, 2009

All is calm...................

Ok...I have calmed down and am now over my kniption of yesterday.
It was just the thought of Hershey making Cadbury.........oh ....I will start myself off again.
There is only one English person I know who likes Hershey chocolate.......well maybe two if I count his lovely lady friend.
Big Big Steve likes it.
Don't ask me how but he does.
When I was coming over last time I asked if anyone wanted any sweeties brought over and he alone requested Hershey chocolate.
I got him some but still felt bad giving it to him somehow.
I suppose because I find it so disgusting I can't imagine anyone liking it.

The last couple of days I have been busy getting the Christmas ornaments out...............boxes and boxes of them.
I have to start now as it takes so long to do.
These are Christmas ornaments.........not Christmas tree ornaments, so I have to put all the usual ornaments away so that I have room for this lot.
The other good thing is I managed to print my Christmas cards.

This year I decided to do a simple Christmas painting and then make that painting into Christmas cards.
I say I decided but if I am honest I was sort of guilted into it.
When I was over there I visited an old friend of mine I worked with many years ago when he was head of art.
We talked about the clay Christmas figures we made one year for all the staff. We worked most of our lunchtimes to get them done.
He was surprised when I told him I still have mine and they come out every year.
They hold so many memories for me. I am amazed that they have survived, considering the number of times we have moved apart from the trip from England to here.

He showed me the cards he made last year and sort of challenged me into saying I would do it too.
So I did.
We took the finished painting to a copy place and shrunk it down a bit. Then scanned it into the computer.
Today we bought card and envelopes and after a bit of fiddling we managed to print the cards.
I shall send one to my chum..........I wonder if he has done one this year.
Of course I know now that I shall have to do a different painting every year and make cards from it. It was quite fun though.
I have also started on two more dragon paintings.
One is a red dragon in a forest in summer.
The other is a white snow dragon in a winter scene.
I will put pictures up when they are finished........well if they are any good I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home