Friday, June 12, 2009

How many kinds of flowers grow in an English country garden?


I thought my "follower" might like to see this.

This is a photo of my flowers alongside my garage from a couple of years ago.




This is a photo of my "Instant English Country Garden Flower Carpet" that I put down about 3 weeks ago.
Not terribly instant is it!
Not really anything is it !

This morning I noticed some lumpy bits in it and on closer inspection I found these to be weeds which are growing up from underneath it.
So, tomorrow I am going to buy the artificial flowers and poke them in this monstrosity.
It will give me a bit of a giggle and I won't have to water it.

I feel a bit better today.
The throat isn't nearly so sore and I have a little more energy.

Glenn phoned yesterday. It seems the burglaries were the last straw and he is going to move back to Ashford.
Of course he will need to find a job so he has asked Donna to send him the newspapers.
This will make things much easier for me when I come over (cheaper too) as when I visited him in Portsmouth I always stayed at a B&B for a few days.
If he is in Ashford then I can see more of him during my stay.
It will be lovely to be able to just pop round and see him.
I think he plans on moving within the next few weeks.

1 Comments:

At June 15, 2009 at 1:53 PM , Blogger Manky Badger said...

cooo-eee "Follower" here.

I think whoever sold you that carpet was having a laugh. I see a business opportunity....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home