Monday, October 5, 2015

Spooky

I started putting up the Halloween decorations on Saturday.
I have spent this time of year in England for the past few years so I haven't been able to put them up.
This year, not only am I here in the US, but I have helpers.
Much good they did me.
No......don't really mean that.  They were a good help but would be even better if they didn't argue amongst themselves.

The bay window was the first to be transformed.
You can't really see here, but I have put some beautiful black roses in the vase.
The spooky eyes lights are new, as is the witch lantern.
There is a skull in front of the vase and a crow and sparkly pumpkins alongside.  I will take a photo in daylight and they may show up more.

Onto the other end of the living room.


I like the effect of the orange lights.  Sally, sitting in the cat tree, doesn't seem spooked by the spider hanging by the bannister, but it has spooked Lauren a few times.


More orange lights for the dining room.
Beware of the ghost.
A couple of British chums asked me on facebook why I had put them up so early.
It isn't early for Halloween decorations over here.  Some people's whole houses, outside and in, have been bedecked with ghouls and ghosties for weeks.
I don't do the outside any more since the rabbits ate through the wires of our pretty lighted pumpkins.
Buggers.

Then Saturday evening we invited Gary to dinner.
I did have an ulterior motive which was to ask him to take some photos of Bubba's portrait.
I have to get them printed but photos from my camera do not have a high enough resolution.
Gary does photography professionally and has awesome cameras that take fabulous photos.
Well, he didn't mind at all.
He took the photos and then we had dinner.
We watched a couple of QI's on our telly.....yes....not on an American channel though.
They did show a couple on BBC America but it was obviously way too rude and was dropped - bloody quick.
I found Acorn TV which we get through our Roku (think that is what it is) that is all popular British TV.
They have old and new programmes.
Donna and I have been watching quite a bit of Jeeves and Wooster.
We were amazed to see the date on it..........1991.
No wonder they both look so young.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home