Monday, September 14, 2015

Dodgy legs

Here is Lily relaxing.
She is rather good at it.  I wished she had relaxed more when we went to see the new vet on Friday.

We had warned them about the way she 'splodes' in the vet's office, but I don't think they fully appreciated the sheer spectacle.
We were ushered in quickly and a very young, vet came in to see our Lily.
He explained that he would examine her first then take a look at the leg she has been limping on.
I, fearing the worst, immediately hid behind Philip.
She wasn't too bad through the first exam, just a mere growl every now and then, but when he started messing with her dodgy leg the growls grew in volume, turned into a snarl......before.......subsiding.
Phew.
We did explain that she is walking better now than she was.
The nice new vet prescribed painkillers and went on to say that it could be a pulled ligament, a cyst or cancer. Apparently, he'd had a cat who started with a limp which turned out to be cancer and it didn't last long after that. He might need to keep her in, sedate her and do x rays.
We didn't need to hear that.
He did say we could wait a week and she how she does instead.  We chose this option.
He wants us to phone him this week to let him know how she is doing.
When we got a very grumpy Lily home, I immediately researched the stuff he had given us for her.
As it is called Buprenorphine I was a bit cautious.
It surely has morphine in it.  
What I found wasn't good.  This stuff is extremely powerful and is usually only given to animals that have just had surgery.
The side effects were awful.
So, after speaking with a vet tech on my cat ladies facebook page, we have decided that no way are we giving Lily this stuff.
Her gammy leg is much less gammy than it was.
I shall make an appointment to see Dr. Thomas when he returns and let him know what happened.
For one thing I know Dr. Thomas would never have told us the cancer horror story unless he had diagnosed that was what was happening.
Fingers crossed for Lily but she is doing better every day.

TommyJones is pretty expert at the relaxing lark too.

The weather cooled down rather a lot at the weekend.  Autumn was definitely in the air.
I love it.
It inspired me to buy some more Halloween stuff to put up.   I will have helpers this year for decorating the house.
It has since warmed up again but not into the 90s any more.

Lauren has got most of her Hobbit costume for the school play.  She has been rehearsing some sort of stage fight too.
I am looking forward to seeing this.  It is years since I have watched a school play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home