Monday, October 12, 2015

Left hand down a bit....


My daughter is at uni learning massage therapy.
There is a lot more to it than you might expect.  She has been learning about cells etc, lots of biology and masses of physiology.
She is now moving towards muscles and bones.
That is the theory part.
Fortunately there is also the practical part which involves various forms of massage.
Along with this goes.........practice.
At uni the students practice on each other but sometimes she needs to practice at home.

Yay.

She practiced on me the other day and it was bliss.  She had to refine her technique for doing arms and legs.
So, as I have a couple of each of those that could do with a bit of the old massage therapy, I volunteered.
The only downside was when she said she was a bit scared of doing my arms as they were so skinny she thought she might break them.
Cheek.
She did qualify this by saying that the other ladies in her class were more "junoesque" in stature. Actually that isn't the word she used.  I learned that word from Mrs Slocombe on "Are You Being Served?".  She was most upset when someone called her stout and said the preferred term was 'junoesque'.
There are quite a few junoesque people in Milwaukee. In fact when I now see Mrs Slocombe, she looks really rather slim compared to the norm in these parts.


I might do better with this type of massage.
I don't know what the professional term is but it is in plentiful supply around this house.

Thursday I went to the mall.
I mostly had a lovely time but then just as I was waiting to be picked up by my daughter, I had an angina attack.
Oh I hate it, especially when I am on my own in a public place.
I had to pretend nothing was wrong, stuck a pill under my tongue and wish for it to stop.
I had to take another pill, when it showed no signs of stopping and pretend to be looking for something in my bag.
The pills make me dizzy and I felt like I might faint.  I needed to put my head down without looking like a wally and having people make a fuss.
Making a fuss was frowned upon in my family.  I would dearly have loved to lie down on the seats in the food court but that would have prompted people to ask if anything was wrong.
So, I sat on my chair, looking for some imaginary object in my bag, which was on the floor, until she turned up to take me home.
By the time I got home everything had calmed down.
I did feel a bit rough for a couple of days though.  Saturday was the worst.
It is hard to explain.  I feel sort of drained and exhausted........a bit like really severe jet lag.
Well, wasn't that pants....and I didn't even get any billy bargains while I was in the mall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home