Thursday, June 25, 2015

Jogging along.

We met Gary at River Rhythms.
The band this time was called Uprising.   We weren't expecting much after last week.
Well, we were wrong.
This band were amazing.  They were excellent musicians, the singer was good and they did some brilliant songs - stuff we knew.
Even Philip enjoyed it.
He was singing along too.
They had a very good vibe going, high energy and making jokes about each other.
We needed this after our pants week. When Donna and Lauren are here we will see if we can find where they are playing.  I think they would enjoy it too.

Bun Bun is back.
I love seeing him hanging out in our garden.  He must feel fairly safe there to be out in the daytime.
I do hope the hawk doesn't come around.

This little bugger has found the squirrel corn which is on the fence.
He shimmies up there without any trouble and then strips that corn before the squirrels get a look in.
Look at the size of his cheek pouches.  He, or she, must have a big family to feed.


The Kaleidoscope Dragon is framed and ready to go to its new home.
I will be sorry to see him go.  I spent a long time getting him finished.
But, onward and upward.


I have started a portrait of Bubba.
I didn't know if I would be able to focus enough but I managed to do this underpainting today.
I did the background a few days ago.  It doesn't show in this photo but the background is done is a pearly, almost metallic, finish.
The underpainting of Bubba is done in acrylic.  I will probably do some of it in oils too.
If, and it is quite a big IF, it turns out alright, then I will use it for my Christmas card this year.
I have a back up if it all goes pear shaped.

Alan phoned last night.  He sounds happy enough.  He has moved into larger accommodation, which I am sure, is much better for him.
It was good to have a chat with him.  Of course, on the one night he phones, Philip has to be late in from work due to traffic on the way home.
Still, they had a good chat too.
Two weeks from today Donna's cats, TommyJones and Elsie will arrive.
We have to pick them up from Chicago airport.  I am a bit worried about how the trip will affect them and how long it will take to integrate them into our pack.
But, they will be spending their first couple of weeks in Lauren's bedroom before any meeting takes place.
Donna and Lauren should be arriving on July 15th.
I say should because although Donna's visa is due to arrive tomorrow, Lauren's is delayed. This is partly due to a bit of melt down in the embassy's computers.
Donna is hoping she doesn't have to change her flights as that will cost more money.
Fingers crossed it will be sorted out soon.
Maybe it is just a ruse to send us their cats?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home