Sunday, December 28, 2014

Whizzed by..............

Christmas Day.

It was excellent.  Gary came over to keep Lily company.  He wore his best socks.
Notice how he has acquired the English tradition of wearing your paper hat (not crown) all day.

Dinner was excellent, as was the pud and the cake......and the chocolates ....and the biscuits....etc.
We all opened our stockings.  Lots of fun prezzies for all.

Philip made a bit of a bloomer with one of my presents.
I had requested a onesie.
A pretty onesie.
I had even told him the shop that had the sort of cute, pretty, lovely onesies I like.

So, this is what I got when I opened it.

Not exactly what I had in mind to be honest.
The crotch comes down to about 6 inches above my ankles.  Donna said I could get all the cats and probably the sofa in there with me.
Until I put it on to show him, he had really thought I would like it.
Really.........sigh......really????

The after dinner entertainment started with Philip putting on the lastest Muppet Movie (the one with Ricky Gervaise in it).
It was pants.
No, really.......it was really pants.
Gary then saved the day.
He had brought the 2 series of Plebs with him.
So we put that on.
Oh my goodness.  I haven't laughed that much in a long time.
I had seen a couple of these when I was in England and I had told Gary about it.
I knew he would like it too.
This programme would never, ever be shown over here.
Much too rude.........but bloody hilarious.
 
Boxing Day Philip wanted to go out and see if there were any bargains to be had.
We picked up a couple of bits one of which was a new onesie.

This one I chose myself.
This is exactly the sort of thing I had been expecting.  Brilliant.

The weather continues to be beautiful, for now.
The cats got very excited about a strange noise outside the window.
I eventually decided to have a look.
The weather has been so sunny and warm that someone had woken up.


Chippy had woken up and was eating the bird seed.
He looks a lot slimmer than when I last saw him in October.
In the 17 years we have been here I have never, ever seen a chipmunk before about April time.
Quite amazing to see one at Christmas.

The weather forecast is looking ominous now though.
Temperatures are set to fall drastically with snow starting next Saturday.
It will be just in time for Alanmas.
We knew we would have to pay for this mild spell.  I hope it won't be horrendous though.

Lastly.
Philip always buys gifts for his team and I send each one a little homemade Christmas cake in a tin.
They usually buy him something too.  Sometimes it has been excellent.
This year........we are not sure about it this year.   Here is a photo.


Are they trying to tell him something do you think?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home