Thursday, December 11, 2014

Decorating - Done!


At last I have finished decorating the house inside.
Philip has finished decorating it outside.
Phew........it does take a time but then we do put a lot of stuff up.
I am quite pleased with how it looks though.

I have always enjoyed decorating for Christmas.
When I lived in Ashford I loved making the house look like Santa's Grotto and I haven't changed.
There are more decorations available now though and we do tend to buy a few more every year.




I am putting these pictures on here for my chums who are not on facebook.   There are still a few about... :)


Oh and I must not forget these.....
The first lot of mince pies.
They were yummy.

We are remarkably 'snow free' at the moment.  I know I probably shouldn't have said that but it is so nice not to be shovelling in December and to be able to walk to the bus stop without climbing snow mountains.
Of course I know it won't last.
I have fallen into that trap before.  A couple of years ago we had a mild spell like this in December after a particularly cold and snowy November.
I started thinking that winter was over and that we were heading for Spring.
Boy was I wrong.
The snow, ice and frigid weather returned with a vengeance and stayed, as usual, until April.
So, as much as I am enjoying being able to go out to the dustbin without putting on several layers of clothes, a hat, gloves and huge boots, I am also reminding myself that it won't last.

I started wrapping some prezzies today.  Just some for the kids up and down the road.
I have been getting some cards too.  I sent the England Christmas cards in November to make sure they arrived in time this year and from what I have heard they all seem to have received them.
Less than a month now until Alanmas.
I wonder if the snow will stay away for him?   I bet it doesn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home