Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Safely here

They arrived safely on Saturday at around 5pm.
They flew into Chicago and then had another flight to Milwaukee.  This was very kind of them as they wanted to save Philip having to drive to Chicago again on a Saturday.  He drives backwards and forwards to Chicago every week day for work.
He wouldn't have minded going to Chicago again but Donna insisted they would fly into Milwaukee.

It wasn't long before the Rock Band came out.

Lauren loves the new guitar we bought her too.  She can now practice while she is here.  We have already been treated to a concert.

Donna went out with her Milwaukee mates on Sunday night.
They all gathered at a karaoke bar to welcome her back.
She went out with them again last night, Tuesday, and we are all going to River Rhythms tonight.
We shall meet up with Gary there.  I wonder if there will be any more celebs there tonight.

I have given Lauren my purple Doc Martins boots.
How many grandmothers can say that I wonder?
She is thrilled with them and has hardly taken them off since.


They were actually just like brand new (even though they are quite a few years old), because I had only worn them once or twice.
I didn't realise she liked them until I saw her gazing at a pair in a shop in the mall.
They were $150 !!!
I remembered I had the purple ones stashed away somewhere and asked her if she would like them.
It seems she does..........big time.
I was a teensy bit sad to see them go but I would rather she got some use out of them than to have them sitting in a box here.
She is wearing them to Warped Tour.
Which is next Wednesday - sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home