Monday, June 13, 2011

Cedarburg.

This isn't Cedarburg......these are a couple of the pictures Gary took on Wednesday evening when we had our picnic by the lake.
I like this first one because you can see the Milwaukee skyline.

It was a lovely evening and we really, really must go back and do that again.
So peaceful sitting by the lake, drinking wine and eating our picnic.
Brilliant.
Philip was on call all the weekend so we couldn't go far.
Saturday we bimbled about shopping etc.
Sunday we decided on a little trip to Cedarburg.
Cedarburg is a small town, with old houses. It has lots of little shops and a fab winery.

http://cedarcreekwinery.com/history.asp

You can take tours of the winery and there are lots of shops in there that sell lots of lovely sparkly things.
Instead of earrings...which I usually buy....this time I bought a pair of sparkly sandals.
They were only $10.
I think it is quite refreshing to find these specialty shops that are also reasonably priced.
We also walked along the main street, stopping at various stores. The stores are often in big old houses that have rooms crammed with all sorts of nonsense.
Some have Christmas decorations too.......oh bliss.
The weather was lovely and as we walked we talked about times and treats gone by.
I mentioned the time we found peanut butter cookie dough ice cream. We only found it once when we first came over here almost 14 years ago. We had never seen it since.
We stopped in the old fashioned sweet shop and almost bought one of their flavoured ice creams but decided to continue along for a bit.
We came to a shop called The Ice Cream Factory. This would do.
We were gob smacked when there, in all it's delicious glory, was .......Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Ice Cream.
Oh it was wonderful. .....and how strange to find like that after we had just been talking about it.
Time then to go home and feed the monsters.

I think Tootsie is showing off her seven toes in this one.

They have discovered the window.
I can only have them open like this when I am home as they climb the window screen and I am frightened they will hurt themselves.
I decided to lie on the bed in that bedroom and watch a Carry On film with them.
They all piled on me......two under my chin, a couple on my arm and one on my belly.
The purring almost drowned out the sound of the movie but it was like therapy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home