Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hot !!!!!!!!!

We don't do weather in moderation here in Wisconsin.
In the winter we have temperatures that fall to minus 40C and in the summer it can be bloody hot.
Right now........it is too bloody hot.
We are not going to River Rhythms tonight due to the heat.
Our friendly, neighbourhood weatherman says it will be around 98F today, but because it comes with high humidity, the heat index will be around 111F or 43C...in old money.
Plus, he said it would not cool off during the evening.
I have only been outside to the dustbin and it is unbelievable.
It was hot when we got married in Las Vegas........I think it was about 114F but it is so dry there that it didn't feel all that bad.
We seem to have got this weather until about Monday when it should cool down to the 80s.
I do hope our air conditioning copes. I know a lot of people are having problems. Ours was a bit iffy over the weekend but Philip changed the filter and it seems to be ok now.
Milwaukee is being very good though. They are keeping air conditioned buildings...libraries etc...open longer hours, for people who don't have air conditioning at home.
Also, the swimming pools have extended their hours too.
I don't like it this hot.

The picture above is of Six Flags Great America.....a theme park not far from us.
It used to be just rides but a couple of years back they added the water park.
Donna wants to go there while she is over. Hopefully we will although I bet it is expensive now.......it always was pricey.
I can't go on the big rides anymore because of my dodgy ear.
The last time I tried it made me feel very dizzy & sick.
Which was pants as I enjoy them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home