Saturday, November 14, 2015

Murdered to Death

We had been looking forward to seeing Cudahy High School's play "Murdered to Death".
We went yesterday evening.
It was excellent.
Philip, Lauren, Gary and myself set off on a very chilly evening.  Donna didn't come as she had lots of homework to do.
She missed a good evening's entertainment.
Lauren was interested in seeing how another school puts on a production.

I have to admit, they were not as organized as Lauren's school, but only in the finer details.
There was no one to greet us on our arrival, no pictures of the cast and no one to show you where to go.
We found the ticket office and then made our way into the theatre.
This was posher than Lauren's school and had way comfier seats.

The kids, I call them this but, in all honesty they are adults, did really well.  The guy who played the butler must have been 6 feet 4in if he was a day.
We were very impressed.  Those youngsters had so many lines to learn and so many props to handle. I was really amazed at how effortlessly they coped.
A comedy play is probably one of the most difficult ones to do and they were super.
This play is a spoof Agatha Christie type murder mystery and apart from one wobbly British accent that wandered around from Italian to Ukrainian, they didn't miss a step.

We all thoroughly enjoyed it and at $6 a ticket it was a bargain too.
Well done Cudahy High School.

In the afternoon there had been the terrible news of the terrorist attacks in Paris.
I got very upset by this, to the point of turning off the news as I couldn't take it any more.

After we came home from the play I looked on facebook.
I suppose it was because I was upset but I got so ticked off by people saying we should all pray for the people of Paris.
I couldn't help but imagine the people who died there, praying for their god to save them.  Well, he didn't.  Why didn't he?
I just don't get it.  I suppose the next thing we will hear is people saying how blessed they were to have survived, even with life changing injuries.
Wouldn't they have been more blessed if it hadn't happened in the first place?
Anyway, in a fit of pique I posted a status announcing my annoyance at all the emphasis put on prayers that were, obviously, not being heard or acted upon.
I went to bed.
I woke up in the night worried.  Bugger.  I have people of all persuasions on my friend's list and I was pretty sure my status would have rubbed more than a few up the wrong way.  I had visions of those of a religious bent (oooh Matron) taking issue with me only to have those who are complete atheists having a pop back at them.
I decided I had better delete it.  I didn't want another bloody conflict.
So, I came downstairs and took a peek.
Wow....there were comments and there were differing opinions ....but no one was being nasty.
They have were having a somewhat reasonable discussion.
How bloody unusual is that on facebook?
That being the case I left my status as it was.  In the morning I checked and the discussion had continued but it was still civilized and reasoned.
I am impressed.  What good mates I have got.

But, while we are on the subject I am now fed up with seeing people changing their profile pictures to include the French flag.
What good is that going to do?  I think it is ridiculous.  If it could help the injured or the bereaved families then all well and good.
But this does nothing.  Facebook is a wonderful tool for keeping in touch with those people you don't see very often but when something like this happens it turns many of them into sheep.
One person changes their profile picture and then many more follow.
There were other atrocities that also took place yesterday.  Let's try to find a way to stop this slaughter of the innocents.
Changing your profile picture on facebook won't do it.

This guy sums it up rather well I think.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home