Monday, November 9, 2015

Chilly

Winter 'drawers' on.

The weather, although bright and sunny, had turned decidedly cooler.
I have had to break the ice in the bird bath now for two days.
It was frozen right over.
I see there may be our first snowfall on Thursday.  I will not grumble as we have done bloody well so far.
Some years we are already knee deep in snow by this time in November.
I can't help thinking we will pay for this milder weather later on.

The weekend was good.
Saturday we went out, supposedly, window shopping.  But, Philip bought another reindeer.
That must be 3 new reindeer so far this year.
We will have lots of reindeer poop to clear up :)
I have lost count of how many we have now.  I know we have two or three sleighs.
Oh well...it will all look lovely.
I am hoping we won't need to buy any new lights for the house this year.  We bought a lot of new LED ones last year but you never know how they will be until you try them out again.
Our winters are hard on lights.



Sunday Philip felt poorly so he stayed in.   He had a couple of good nurses though.  Lily and TommyJones helped keep him company while Donna, Lauren and myself popped out for a minute. Lauren had to watch another film for her course at school.
It was 2001 A Space Odyssey.
Oh I did feel sorry for her.  That must be one of the slowest, most boring films of all time........and long too.
She stuck it out though, but moaned a bit after.

Today I ordered some Christmas bits from Amazon.
I love Amazon.
I got a Christmas pudding and a small Christmas cake.  I also ordered some Rose's lime marmalade.
I will probably make a few mince pies.
I am trying not to do too much but I am slowly giving in.

Meanwhile here is a picture of TommyJones in his party frock.


He liked it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home