Friday, August 7, 2015

Studs


It was Donna and Lauren's favourites at River Rhythms this week.
The 5 Card Studs played lots of songs specially for "The ladies.", which always makes the men, as well as the women, in the crowd chuckle.
It was good to relax and enjoy the fun after a couple of tedious days of buggering about trying to trawl through more red tape to enable Donna to drive, get insurance, get a bank account.....etc.

There was one celebrity of note in attendance.


I couldn't quite make up my mind if this was Jethro Tull or a hobbit.
Either way he was interesting.


Something Philip didn't find quite so interesting was this elderly couple dancing right in front of him.
They were getting quite carried away with their smooching, while Philip was casting shocked glances towards me and Gary.
They stopped just before I thought he would tell them to "get a room".
Which was quite a relief.

Oh almost forgot....
I had a Major Tom moment at the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles).
We were there trying to sort out a Wisconsin license for Donna.
DMV wait times are notorious.  There is always miles of queues and you can guarantee being there for a bloody long time.
The temperatures have been in the high 80s for weeks now and as we came out I heard a dog whimpering......some idiot had left a dog in a car.......at the DMV!!!
I stormed back in, found an official and told her.
She said it had been reported earlier and they had thought it was taken care of.
So, she announced it over a loud speaker and some idiot young man said..."That's my car.".
I yelled at him right across the whole waiting area.   I told him if he didn't get out there now and take the dog out of the car I would call the police.
He tried to say he thought he would only be 5 minutes.........my arse.
I chuckle now when I think about how the whole place fell silent as this small, British woman bellowed across the hall.
He hurriedly followed me out, got in his car and took off.
I was furious.  There has been so much publicity lately about never, ever leaving children or animals in cars for even a few minutes that I couldn't believe he was so stupid.
I don't get worked up much but I will always, ALWAYS defend those who cannot defend themselves.
Children and animals will always be my first concern.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home