Tuesday, August 11, 2015

School and Driving



Well Lauren had a blast on her first day of school.
She had friends waiting for her when she was dropped off in the morning.  That was a bonus.
She had a lot of fun during the day and came home with biology homework.
She did that as soon as she got in........I wonder how long that will last.
She said it was very different from her English school and that everyone was very friendly and helpful.
Sounds good so far.
There is a parents evening towards the end of the month so I expect I will go with Donna.

Donna took her written driving test yesterday too.

She passed it first go.
Brilliant.
She will be taking the road test on August 25th.

Today we took her out to rent a car to practice in.
She can drive a rental car on her international license as it comes with insurance etc.
To get regular car insurance here she has to have a Wisconsin license.
Once she passes the road test we will help her find a car and then she is sorted.
Oh, well she will be sorted when we get the insurance figured out.
Oh, and we still have the health insurance lady coming on Thursday.  So, we are not quite out of the woods yet.
We are taking a step at a time and we will, eventually, get there.

Today she has been out driving the rental car, trying to familiarize herself with her route to uni and the route to Lauren's school.
She is a good driver but you have to get used to being on the other side of the car, the road and various differences in road usage.

I think I forgot to mention but a couple of weeks ago I go my results from the course I took run by the University of Barcelona.
It was called Magic In The Middle Ages but really included a lot of European history and literature.
I knew I had got the essays etc in on time but I really wasn't sure how I had done.
Well, I got 100%
I still can't really believe it.
Of course this does mean that any future courses I take, if I get anything less than 100%, I shall consider that I have failed.
The only way is down it would seem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home