Friday, January 16, 2015

Blast from the past.

A old friend of mine posted some pictures of me on facebook yesterday.
Oh my....what memories.
They were of a "Fashion Show" put on by the school I worked at, some years ago.
I was so chuffed to see them as I don't have any from that time.
It was great to see old colleagues, some of whom I am still in touch with, others whom I haven't seen in years.
It was such fun.....and blooming hard work.
I was one of the organisers and had a group of kids to wrangle.
They were the stars of the fashion show. We staff were minor players.
We did two fashion shows and I can't remember which one, but the rugby world cup was on at the time.
I had been fascinated by the haka performed by the New Zealand  team.
I formulated a haka for one of the younger groups taking part.
Oh they did look wonderful on stage strutting their stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gbj_ig09WQ

Maybe not as good as this lot but "I wasn't far out was I ma'am?"


Every segment told a story.  I was a gangster's moll.........the song playing was the theme from The Godfather.  Don't you just love that wig?

I loved the dress too.  I would have liked to have been able to keep it.   I am so chuffed he found these photos so that I have a record of some very good times with some wonderful people.

I end on another note.   Another bout of dressing up and another wig.  This time a Bajoran from Trek.  I still have this wig. It is one of my favourites.   Again, good times, good people and bloody good fun.   Thanks Paul for finding these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home