Thursday, December 12, 2013

Sherpas?

Looby Loo deduced the imminent arrival of her Christmas tree at the first sight of the base.
I think her face is brilliant.

I am already tired of this winter.
I know, I know....I have heard the "it's Wisconsin" mantra enough times.
But, this is the coldest that I can remember since we arrived 16 years ago.
AND, it is never this cold in December.  It usually waits until January before getting ridiculous.
Don't get me wrong, I do not mind the snow.
I really don't mind it at all, especially as it gets close to Christmas.
It is this brutal cold I have had enough of.
Last night it went down to something like minus 35C with windchill.
And, it doesn't get much better during the day.
The news is full of warnings of frostbite etc.
For me, it just means I don't go out, unless I have a lift.
Yesterday I was fortunate enough to get a lift to work. I would not have gone otherwise.
I cannot walk to and from bus stops in this cold or, wait for buses.
So, this means I cannot get to the mall either.
I love the mall at this time of year.  It is inside.  It really doesn't need to be any more than that.
Inside and warm.
But, I cannot get there.  I love the Christmas decorations, having a coffee in the food court and people watching........people avoiding too at times.
I love to window shop.
I love to see the kids lined up to see Father Christmas.  This year I have not been nearly enough.
Bloody hell, I don't even like to go out to the dustbin.
Today, I have been mostly...........wrapping, ably assisted by various cats.
I think they work in shifts.
The sitting on the paper, stealing bows, attacking the sticky tape etc must all be on the rota.
Sally saw the tree for the first time.
Donna said it looked like she was thinking "I could do that in two jumps."
Amazing how slim the tree looks when you first bring it in.
After it had relaxed overnight it was twice as wide.

Then the lights went out.  After a little bit of swearing they were soon back in all their glory.

Looby Loo had a slight panic when we had to pull the tree out from the wall to fix the lights.  She must have thought we were taking it out already.
She doesn't totally hog it though.
She does share.
There is Lily sitting at the back.
Keep warm everyone.
I feel so sorry for animals that are outside.  Many must die in this weather.  Poor things.
Oh and sorry for going on about the cold.....but it is horrid.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home