Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Wilson

This is Wilson the Basset.
I just adore him...even though we have never met.
This is this year's final pet portrait.  I haven't got the time to do any more before Christmas but I have already got another order for the New Year.
Well that's nice.
The lady who ordered Wilson received the portrait today and, fortunately, just emailed me to say she loves it.
She was very flattering, bless her, and said it had brought tears to her eyes (joyful ones I hope) when she opened the box.
This is for her husband for Christmas.  She said that she, and the family, will treasure it always.
I found this very heartwarming.
It is such a bloody relief when the client says they like the work you did.
I just hope that I never have a dissatisfied customer.

Anyway, it cheered my day up to hear nice things and it could do with some cheering  too.
A friend is having a bit of a hard time and the moment and it is rather worrying.

The weather is horrid - freezing fog for the last two days.
This is very unusual for Milwaukee and I think I would prefer more snow.
There is a huge snow storm that looks like it is going to pass just north of us.  It is dropping 2 -3 feet of snow in some areas.
I hope it does miss us.  That is rather a lot in one go.
Plus the temperature is set to drop a lot tomorrow and on into next week.
Never mind..........winter drawers on.

Tomorrow isn't going to be very pleasant either.
I have to go to the dentist to have this poxy root canal done again.
Won't that be fun.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home