Sunday, October 27, 2013

Going home

Sadly it was almost time to go back to the US.
Donna was taking me to the airport on Saturday, to stay overnight in an hotel before flying off Sunday morning.
Before we left we had a visit from some relatives with a little baby.
She is just 11 weeks old.
It was just what I needed to take the edge off the day. 
Out came all the old songs my mum used to sing and that I had sung to mine and to Lauren.
They still work.
"Aye, aye up with your leg."  "Whoops a daisy, lost the leg of my drawers." and the rest proved to be just as popular with today's babies as they have always been.
This baby was laughing so much. 
She is at the age where you have to work quite hard to get the smiles but it is so worth it.
She had me laughing as much as she was.
It certainly cheered my day up and reminded me of Donna's husband, who died young, coming home from work one day when I was visiting ......and calling me everything.
LOL....
He fell in the door, yelling at me and calling me names because whilst he was at work in the office, he had found himself singing "Aye, aye up with your leg and show us your dirty garter."  and his work mates had heard & seen him.
They gave him a hard time all day.
Needless to say, the more he yelled the harder Donna and I laughed until we were helpless.
Dear Andy.  Never a day goes by without we miss you so much.

Anyway, Donna took me to the airport Saturday.  Lauren and Glenn came too.
I was a bit concerned about the weight of my case.   I had bought lots of goodies. 
They set off home and I suddenly found myself alone in the hotel room and feeling really sad.
I got a phone call from Donna to say they got back ok and she suggested that she let Philip know the room number etc and maybe he could phone me.
He did.
I was so glad.  
I slept better than last year and didn't fall out of bed this time, which was something of a bonus.
The case was not too heavy .....phew!
Heathrow airport is magnificent and the time passed quickly.  I was soon heading for my favourite seat.
A very nice man sat next to me and the flight was uneventful and boring (just as I like them). 
It was so good to see Philip waiting for me and lovely to cuddle the cats when I got home.
Bloody hell is it chilly though.
Below freezing every night and the bird bath is already frozen over.
Good old Milwaukee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home