Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Decked out


Do you like my Christmas hat?
It is just a dear little one.

Lauren is off school this week as it is Thanksgiving tomorrow.
I have mentioned this before, but it really is a big deal over here.  For families it is bigger than Christmas.
People will travel right across this huge country to be together on Thanksgiving Day and have the equivalent of one of our Christmas Dinners.
People really, really stress out about it.  Hosting Thanksgiving Day is something of a nightmare....or so it would seem.
Anyway,  here in the Banks household, we do have a Thanksgiving dinner, although ours does have roast potatoes and yorkshire puds.
They don't do those here.
We don't have turkey, as that is our Christmas meal, we usually have roast pork (not me I am a veggie....I have Quorn).  This year, Donna and Lauren's first experience of Thanksgiving, Donna expressed a desire to have roast lamb.
Ye gods.....trying to buy lamb is like trying to find hen's teeth here.
We eventually found some and we are now having roast pork and roast lamb (which was bloody expensive).
Gary will be here too for dinner and I doubt he has ever tasted lamb.  It will be interesting to see what he makes of it.

Lauren has been helping (bossing me about) with the Christmas decorations indoors.  I like to get some (most) of them up before Thanksgiving as we put up so many it takes ages.
So, we have made quite a good start.
The Christmas Craft & Gift Fair is on at the weekend........my favourite.  We shall probably go on Saturday and then afterwards we will buy our Christmas tree.
Lauren has already put up our artificial one in the basement and tinselled everything that stands still long enough.
I love the gift fair but I am always sad afterwards as it over and I won't go for another year.

And finally............a certain young man has changed his facebook status to declare that he is now in a 'relationship' with a certain person in this house.........uh oh indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home