Friday, July 10, 2015

River Rhythms etc

River Rhythms

The Thrift Tones........not good.
We were rather disappointed as they had a good write up.
There were not so many people over there so they probably knew something we didn't.
Their sign was pretty pants too.

But, we met Gary there and made the most of it.
Gary brought brownies.......sort of.

Philip decided they looked rather like Mr Hanky from SouthPark.
If you are not familiar with Mr Hanky, I suggest you look it up as I am not going to go into details here.

Gary also had a bottle of suspicious looking liquid.
I don't really want to say what Philip said it looked like but he thought it was some sort of sample.
A rather large sample I think.

Thursday........Cat Day

Thursday came around, at last, and we set off to collect Donna's cats from Chicago airport.
Well, from the cargo area of Chicago airport actually which turned out to be about 4 miles from the airport.
After some faffing about, we eventually collected them in their crates.
I was scared to look as I had this huge fear of collecting two dead cats, but after taking a peek we found them to be alive........thoroughly traumatised, but alive.

We got home with them about 4pm our time.  This meant they had been travelling for 19 hours.
Poor little buggers.
Elsie went straight under the bed but TommyJones was up for a cuddle.
I slept in the bedroom with them and TommyJones slept at the end of my bed......Elsie stayed under it.
Philip had today off work (Friday) and we had turns spending time with them.  Elsie eventually came out from under the bed this afternoon.
That was something of a relief.  They have both been eating and drinking so I think they are getting over the shock.
Our dear Tootsie is desperate to meet them.  She sits outside the door purring.  She is our little meeter and greeter.
It won't happen yet though.  Cat introductions must be taken slowly, the last thing we want now is a huge cat fight.
Donna is so relieved they are here safely that she burst into tears when I sent her photos of them.

TommyJones looking like the cool dude he is.

Elsie when she eventually came out from under the bed.

Just a thought about Facebook.
I sometimes worry that my friends across the pond think I am ignoring them.
It quite often happens that I don't see the stuff they share and therefore don't click 'like' or comment.
This isn't because I am ignoring my mates, it is quite simply a result of the time difference.
By the time I get up in the morning, half the day is gone in the UK so unless I have been tagged in something, the status of friends has rolled by on my timeline and I don't see it.
Now I realize how much I am missing I shall try to make the effort to look back through the timeline more.
I will be honest though, I don't always have the time to sift through it all so if I don't click 'like' on a photo of your latest wart, I do apologize and hope you forgive me.
I do still love you all.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home