Monday, August 3, 2015

Ronald Reagan High

Lauren went for her orientation at Ronald Reagan High School today.

She had to be there for 7.30am.  I knew she was a little nervous but they were only going to be there for 3 hours.
I thought they would just be shown around but apparently I was wrong.
She had a fab time, met lots of people and took part in lots of activities which I think are aimed at breaking the ice.
It seems she didn't have much ice to break and already has some friends.
One of whom she is meant to be going to the mall with on Thursday.
She has not stopped talking about the school since she got home.
I cannot tell you what a relief it is that she is so happy to be going there.
She couldn't get over how friendly everyone was, kids and staff alike.
School starts this coming Monday.  7.30am until around 2.40pm.

Ronald Reagan former grads.

 I hope she does really well there.
I think she has a wonderful opportunity to shine and hope she does.

Donna has to find out her timetable etc soon so we know how things will work out for trips to and from school.
Philip will drop Lauren off in the morning.  The school provides the kids with free bus passes so she could come home on the bus if there is no lift available in the afternoon.
I am sure it will all work out.  These things generally do and as long as she isn't outside for any length of time in the winter it should be fine.

It is Philip's birthday today.
He got lots of cards and pressies.  Tonight we shall go out for his birthday dinner.


He wants to go to Red Robin......which is alright I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home